Refers to the global network of computers and telecommunications systems which facilitate communication.
2. There are risks associated with utilizing an internet-based financial transaction system including, but not limited to, the failure of hardware, software, and Internet connection.
3. The Internet is an inherently unreliable and insecure medium of data transmission. Accordingly, there are risks in transacting on-line, conducting transactions or otherwise communicating through the Internet.
4. Since ASNB does not control signal power, its reception or routing via Internet, configuration of your equipment or reliability of its connection, we cannot be responsible for communication failures, distortions or delays when transacting via the Internet.
5. When a unit holder performs online transactions (via the Internet), ASNB shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses, caused, directly or indirectly, by any malfunction, disruption or failure of any transmission, communication system, computer facility or trading software, whether belonging to ASNB or the unit holder, any exchange or any settlement or clearing system if such malfunction, disruption or failure due to the negligence of ASNB.
6. The ASNB website and/or portal provides sophisticated financial and non-financial transaction entry and tracking of financial and non-financial transactions. ASNB will make best efforts to fulfill your transaction(s) as requested.
7. Transacting online, no matter how convenient or efficient does not necessarily reduce risks associated with online transactions. All transaction details are subject to the Terms of Access of the ASNB website and/or portal accessible through this website and/or portal.
8. In particular, access to this website and/or portal and the services provided through this website and/or portal may at any time and from time to time be limited, delayed or unavailable, including during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systemic failures (including hardware or software failures), systems upgrades or maintenance or for other reasons. Without prejudice to the foregoing:
a. Transactions conducted through the Internet may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to Internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet.
b. Instructions to transact may not be executed or may be delayed so that they are executed at prices different from those prevailing at the time the instructions were given. Distributions for products such as ASB, ASM, ASW 2020, ASD, AS 1Malaysia and ASB2, if any, are based on the average sum of the minimum monthly balance of your units during the distribution period. The minimum monthly balance for ASB2, ASW 2020, ASM, ASD, AS 1Malaysia and ASB2 means the minimum holding of your units during the calendar month from the 1st day until the end of the month.
c. Communications and personal data may be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
d. Your instructions may be executed without being subject to human review.
e. The information posted on the website and/or portal may not be updated immediately and may not reflect transactions not conducted through the website and/or portal.
9. ASNB employs back-up systems and contingency plans to minimize the possibility of system failure and transacting via existing ASNB agent bank branches and agent bank Internet banking portals.
Last Updated : 13/09/2016